Unison Guild Site
Please Log in

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unison Guild Site
Please Log in
Unison Guild Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics
    Navigation
     Portal
     Index
     Memberlist
     FAQ
     Search
    Top posters
    Scythe (95)
    Taking down Kael I_vote_lcapTaking down Kael I_voting_barTaking down Kael I_vote_rcap 
    Shaerty (79)
    Taking down Kael I_vote_lcapTaking down Kael I_voting_barTaking down Kael I_vote_rcap 
    Ricky (53)
    Vend (33)
    Aliora (21)
    destinylord (18)
    Deadroe (18)
    Oddball (16)
    Cogline (12)
    Shadey (11)

Top posting users this week
    No user

Taking down Kael

3 posters

Go down

Taking down Kael Empty Taking down Kael

Post  Cogline Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:00 pm

I realize there is another topic about kael but I wanted this one to be specific so i thought it deserved a new one.

So most of us realize that theres been a bigger push lately to take down kael. It's a fight with a lot of coordination and would be good prep for BT if and when we're ready for that. The big debate seems to be whether wiping on kael is a waste of time when there is guaranteed loot in HS/SSC. We could fight about that all day so I'd like to avoid it. I think people have their opinions and you are going to have a really hard time changing that.

What I am concerned about is the last two times we've done kael we've wiped and crashed. It's a tough fight and most people admit it's going to take us more than one try. (There's nothing wrong with a challenge) To me, it appears that if we reach phase 4/5, anything where you actually fight kael, as soon as the last man standing dies the server crashes. This invariably results in an end of the raid because we lose 4-6 people who never log back in. (Same thing as yesterday's Vashj, that appeared to be a random crash at 50k hp)

If this was just random coincidence that's great and we can keep going to TK but if this is going to happen constantly i don't see the point. Have there been raids lately that reach phase 4/5 and not crash the server? I thought this was the reason we avoided alar and think it might have to be the same with kael.

Let me know what you think.
    Cogline
    Cogline
    User
    User

Back to top Go down

Taking down Kael Empty Re: Taking down Kael

Post  Guest Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:47 pm

Well, here's the thing

If you get to phase 4/5, that probably means you'll kill kael. The trick is to have ALL the ranged dps kill phoenixes and ALL dps kill eggs.

His pyroblast is borked, so the slower you are, the more people you'll randomly lose. I recommend bringing only 800+ dps. And that means 800 constant dps.

Incidentally, ranged dps are inherently more "valuable" during kael. Thaladred is a huge issue for melees, as are phoenixes and the axe Devastation.

Having a warlock soulstone a priest or a druid healer is ideal, as priests are extremely helpful for the AoE damage, and druids can ressurect other druids in combat so they can in turn ress others until every druid is back.

The big thing for phase 3 is to stay calm and kill thaladred. after that, it's easy. This just requires coordination and nobody panicking.

Good luck, you'll need it!

Back to top Go down

Post  Vend Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:27 am

Yes, ofc i have to revive a dead topic.
    Just wanted to say that i was sadly checking out youtube for videos on Kael and in 10mins i found some from the point of view of:
    - a holy priest
    -ele shammy
    -lock
    -holy pally
    - MT
    -OT
    - hunter

So i guess what i'm tyring to say is look around for vids with the point of view of your class to see what you're doing wrong and right for fights like Kael.

Also, i've said this multiple times. We need to decide if we want progression or gear. Progression means going into TK and attempting Kael for at least 4 times before conwsidering to do other bosses. I reckon we have this.

Vend
    User
    User

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:38 pm

I was just wondering what sort of requirement you'd have to try kael, that is.... is Inter ready, you think? What sort of dps is required?

Back to top Go down

Post  Vend Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:59 am

No idea. Was talking to Ricky last night and he told me that we never can really get a good group for him on Friday nights because people go out. I've always seen Friday as the day to relax knowing the week is over. Meh.

Anyway....tbh, i have no idea what your raid dps is and how your mana holds up. Don't want to know what it is in a simple and quick "stand and cast" fight since Kael is a long ass fight with shit happening everywhere.

EDIT: then again, there is a lot of time between phases. I also don't think we need the est of the best to do him. Just people that know what to do.

Vend
    User
    User

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaerty Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:25 pm

Now that we've downed Kael a second time, i can tell you, that it is easier to do, if you follow the strat that guest wrote down, i.e. getting the weapons down in time and then not wiping because thaladred takes out too many ppl. Once you get enough ppl in p4 and p5, you've done it.

Vend also has a point, videos are really helpfull, specifically the ones from your own class.

Al'ar is no longer bugged btw, I don't know if he ever was, but obsydian told me that
    all the tanks have to survive P1, because otherwise he becomes untargetable in P2 and
    crashes the server. If he doesn't crash the server, you have to reset the instance and
    begin all over again, which is in itself a big setback.
    Shaerty
    Shaerty
    Forum Admin
    Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down